Africa’s travel-tech company, Tramango, sponsored Nigeria’s first-ever award for content creators and influencers; Trendupp Awards, for the second edition of its award event. The sponsorship goal was to reward buzzing content creators and influencers in the African creative space.
Content creation and travel go hand-in-hand because it is a medium through which stories about the beautiful places in Africa are told. Content tells how beautiful destinations are, the most visited and must-visit tourist attractions, cultural attires to try on, hairstyles and even more exciting things about our culture in Africa.
While travellers are planning to dust off their travel bucket list, it is no doubt that content creators have been pivotal in helping tourists make good travel choices. Many travellers have also been inspired by various exciting travel content.
“We sponsored Trendupp awards because we support rewarding content creators. We believe content creators play a huge role in selling beautiful destinations around Africa. Moreover, with the help of content creators, there has been an increase in interest and sales in the African travel industry,” said Ayobami Akinnuga, Tramango’s Chief Operating Officer and Head of Innovation.
Following the award event’s theme “African Renaissance” attendees turned up in their show-stopping African ensembles on the black carpet and during the main event.
The event’s award covered 16 categories: Lifestyle content (travel, food, beauty, fashion), Creative art, tech content, social good, and wellness, amongst others.
The Force of lifestyle award was endowed by Tramango and won by Akin Faminu; a fashion and lifestyle content creator.
Other winners of Trendupp Awards include:
- Force of Collaboration – Lush hair
- Force of Comedy Skit – Lasisi Elenu
- Force of Creative Art – Amazing Klef
- Force of Food Content – Winifred Nwania (Zeelicious foods)
- Force of Online Sensation – James Brown
- Force of Instagram – Bukunmi Adeaga-Ilori (Kie-Kie)
- Force of Social Good – Tunde Onakoya
- Force of Tech Content – Tobi Ayeni (Miss Techy)
- Force of TikTok – Rodney Umeh (R0dn3y)
- Force of Twitter – Pamilerin Adegoke
- Force of Virality – Enioluwa Adeoluwa
- Force of Youtube – Mark Angel
- Force of Wellness – Aproko Doctor
- Emerging Force – Shankcomics
- Force of Influence – Mr Macaroni
Hosted by Bukunmi Adeaga-Ilori popularly known as ‘Kie-Kie’, the Trendupp awards ’22 held on June 12th, 2022 at Monarch Event Center, Lekki, Lagos.
Trendupp Awards was also supported by Pepsi; a leading global soft drink company and Dotts Media House; an award-winning media company in Africa.
Tramango is an African travel-tech company committed to delivering premium travel experiences to all individuals and providing captivating travel content to sell the beauty of travel. Trendupp Awards seek to reward creators and influencers who are creative, innovative and engage their audience.